marking tuples

From: Ehab Galal <ehabgalal123(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: marking tuples
Date: 2007-12-04 22:25:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I am implementing a new algorithm inside postgresql for a side research project. I am just wondering if anyone may give me few hints about the following problem:

Consider the following plan:

NewAggregate
->NewJoin
->NewJoin
->NewJoin
->SeqScan

->SeqScan
->SeqScan
->SeqScan

In my algorithm,
each NewJoin node may "mark" its ps_ResultTupleSlot with either red/green. I need that mark to flow in the pipeline so that i can collect them at the top aggregate.

Any hints about how to keep such mark is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Ehab

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now.