questions on multibyte

From: "Karthikeyan Sundaram" <skarthi98(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: questions on multibyte
Date: 2007-02-01 15:01:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I am new to postgres. I have converted my current db from sql_ascii to
unicode. I followed the instructions give by some site called moodle and it
worked.

I have some basic questions.

1) How will I insert multibyte from insert statement? I figured out a way
to insert multibyte, but want general opinion.
2) I want the data to be transferred to warehouse.
3) I login to psql and do a select the multibyte. (I did a plain select).
and push to a flat file so that the warehouse will upload. The data appread
to be scatterd to multiple lines which I am not able to insert into my
warehouse. How will display the multibyte chars from psql command line?
4) Do I need to install some modules or functions or any methods?

Please advise.

Regards
skarthi
Podbridge Inc