column privileges

From: "Tjibbe Rijpma" <tjibbe(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: column privileges
Date: 2006-10-09 09:51:49
Lists: pgsql-general

In postgresql privileges on colums is not possible, but is there a reason why not?

For my application I want the option to hide some columns for some users. So I use functions that make views for each user. Another solution may be to make a new table with a foreign key and an 1 to 1 relation. Maybe an answer from the question above can help me to descide.