pg_dump syntax

From: "Michael Schmidt" <michaelmschmidt(at)msn(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump syntax
Date: 2006-04-02 22:06:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Folks,
Sorry to be a bother, but I can't figure out how to do pg_dump of a database with jdbc. I've tried a variety of syntaxes to no avail and searched through the archives and the web with no help. Here is my last attempt

SELECT pg_dump -Fc -f E:\backup\test.pgb npbase

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Michael Schmidt