Help: pg_restore failure

From: Edison So <edison(dot)so2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help: pg_restore failure
Date: 2011-04-15 20:15:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a DELL server running Windows server 2003 and Postgres 8.1.

I used pg_dump to back up a database test:

pg_dump -v -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -F c -b -f
"D:/db_dump/backup.bak" test

The backup was showing the following error.
.
pg_dump: dumping contents of table history
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used

pg_dump: dumping contents of table history_archive

pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used

pg_dump: dumping contents of table historymetadata

pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used

I was trying to do a Posgres 8.1.4 backup and restored it to Postgres 9.0 on
a new Dell server running Windows server 2008.

Any clue how to resolve it?

Edison

--
Edison