Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf
Date: 2011-05-18 16:17:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I reviewed the process for configuring replication, and found that we
don't have an example for allowing replication access in pg_hba.conf.
Before we release 9.1, I think we should add this example to make it
more obvious this is a necessary part of replication configuration.

At the risk of starting an epic bikeshedding thread, I've attached a
small patch that includes an example for both ipv4 and ipv6 localhost
configuration.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_hba_bikeshed1.patch application/octet-stream 729 bytes