Detailed documentation for external calls (threading, shared resources etc)

From: Seref Arikan <serefarikan(at)kurumsalteknoloji(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Detailed documentation for external calls (threading, shared resources etc)
Date: 2011-06-12 17:26:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,
This is actually a request for documentation guidance. I intend to
develop an extension to postgresql. Basically I'd like to place calls
to network using ZeroMQ, and I need to have detailed information about
a lot of things, especially threading issues. I need to have some
global resources which will be presumably used by multiple threads.
I can see that there is a lot of documentation, but I'd really
appreciate pointers towards the books, or key documents that'd help me
move forward faster (docs/books about inner workings of key
functionality) I'll be using C (most likely the best option) to
develop code, so which books/documents would you recommend?

Cheers
Seref