Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening

From: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Date: 2011-06-20 14:08:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Alexander Farber
<alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I've added
>
>  $db->beginTransaction();
>  $db->commit();
>
> around _all_ statements, but now get:

I don't think that was a good idea.

>  SQLSTATE[25P02]: In failed sql transaction:
>  7 ERROR: current   transaction is aborted,
>  commands ignored until end of transaction block
>
> quite often. I don't understand why
> would transaction get aborted here...

Probably some commands were meant to be run
in same transaction, or were transaction control
commands.

Don't do it without synchronizing with business logic...

> Maybe I should try session mode of pgbouncer
> again, now that I've got rid of the persistent
> PHP connections?

You could, but try to turn off prepared
statements in PDO first.

--