random_page_cost vs ssd?

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: random_page_cost vs ssd?
Date: 2009-03-11 13:46:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

I've got a couple x25-e's in production now and they are working like
a champ. (In fact, I've got another box being built with all x25s in
it. its going to smoke!)

Anyway, I was just reading another thread on here and that made me
wonder about random_page_cost in the world of an ssd where a seek is
basically free. I haven't tested this yet (I can do that next week),
but logically, in this scenario wouldn't lowering random_page_cost be
ideal or would it not really matter in the grand scheme of things?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/