Re: Develop item from TODO list

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: Viktor Valy <vili0121(at)gmail(dot)com>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, chris(dot)gut(at)gmx(dot)at
Subject: Re: Develop item from TODO list
Date: 2010-08-13 13:32:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> Or vi.
>>
>> cough.
>
> Well, I guess letting newcomers know about tools of choice amongst
> regular contributors is a good idea, but the best editor you can find
> around is the one you master.

I should probably mention that my comment about vi was mostly
tongue-in-cheek, although it is my preferred editor just because I've
been using it so long (i.e. it's the one I've mastered). I learned
emacs at one point, but it was just too slow on the Sun3 I was using
at the time, and the need to hit the control key constantly was hard
on my hands.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company