Re: CommitFest wrap-up

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest wrap-up
Date: 2010-12-14 03:13:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> On 12/13/10 9:37 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> - synchronous replication - and...
>> - synchronous replication, transaction-controlled - If we want to get
>> this feature into 9.1, we had better get a move on.  But I don't
>> currently have it in my time budget to deal with this.
>
> I thought we'd covered most of the major issues here.  What's holding
> these up?

I don't know where you got that idea. We have two competing patches
neither of which has been updated in several months. And neither of
which has gotten a whole lot of review, either. We spent a lot of
time arguing about basic design and then everyone got tired and went
on doing other things.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company