Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10
Date: 2010-12-13 13:35:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 06:08, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
> The other infrastructure patch that has been mark ready for commit then
> commented further upon by Tom is $subject, even if the function provided
> as been renamed to pg_execute_sql_file().
>
> Please find attached the newer version that fixes Tom concerns, removing
> the VARIADIC forms of the functions (those placeholders idea).

I think the version is almost OK, but I have a couple of comments:
- Why do you need directory_fctx in genfile.h ?
- It might be reasonable to have 3 and 1 arguments version of pg_read_file.
i.e, (path, offset, size) and (path). Two args version (path, offset)
doesn't seem to be so useful. In addition, CREATE EXTENSION will always
call it with offset=0, no?
- We don't need some of added #include "utils/array.h" anymore.

--
Itagaki Takahiro