can shared cache be swapped to disk?

From: flyusa2010 fly <flyusa2010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: can shared cache be swapped to disk?
Date: 2010-12-19 06:11:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi, folks!

I see that shared cache is implemented by system v shared memory. I wonder
whether data in this area can be swapped out to disk.
Isn't it bad that we read data from disk, put data in shared cache, and
finally data in shared cache is swapped to disk again!

Why not use shmctl(..SHM_LOCK..) to pin data in main memory?

Thanks!