Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting
Date: 2011-01-13 12:08:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> +1 for "promote". People unfamiliar with the replication stuff might not
> immediately understand that it's related to replication, but they wouldn't
> have any use for the option anyway. It should be clear to anyone who needs
> it.

I did s/failover/promote. Here is the updated patch.

>> - pg_ctl should unlink failover_files when it failed to send failover signals.

Done.

And, I changed some descriptions about trigger in high-availability.sgml
and recovery-config.sgml.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_ctl_failover_v2.patch application/octet-stream 14.3 KB