Re: optimization (can I move pgsql_tmp)?

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ozz Nixon <ozznixon(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: optimization (can I move pgsql_tmp)?
Date: 2010-10-05 20:18:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Ozz Nixon <ozznixon(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Good after everyone,
>
>        We are experiencing some performance issues on a table with 7 fields, 8,800,000 rows. During some exercises, one thing I noticed is I need to change the configuration of the system to house pgsql_tmp on a host partition instead of the drive array... that will get me a little more speed... is this controlled via a .conf file or pgamin?

You can try setting temp_tablespaces in your postgreqsl.conf file to
use a tablespace defined over another part of your disk subsytem.
Eg. create tablespace some_tablespace location '/some/path';

temp_tablespaces = 'some_tablespace';

Then reload your postgresql.conf file. Not sure if it's going to help
you or not, though.