Re: sepgsql contrib module

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sepgsql contrib module
Date: 2011-01-23 10:16:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 03:19, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> 2011/1/21 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
>> Do we have any workaround to avoid these indenting/formatting?
>> Or, the reformatted code is better than before?
>
> That's pretty horrendous.  Tom/Bruce, any ideas?

I saw some similar things earlier, and it turned out to be two
different reasons in two different cases. In one case, it was because
I was using GNU indent, even though I thought I was using the one
that's on our ftp. But it does give a warning in that case, you just
have to actually *read* the warning. In the other case it was really
weird - when my wrapper script (that called pgindent with path
specification and such) executing using dash (the default /bin/sh on
Ubuntu), it did weird things - but when I explicitly executed the
wrapper script with /bin/bash, it worked - even though pgindent itself
is still using /bin/sh.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/