Re: suppress automatic recovery after back crash

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: suppress automatic recovery after back crash
Date: 2010-07-14 07:41:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I mulled over which of those names was better; updated version,
> reflecting your proposed naming, attached.

I read the patch and found some small typos.

> + If true, any error will terminate the current session. Normally,
> + this is set to false, so that only FATAL errors will terminate the

"s/Normally/By default" seems better.

> + When set to true, which is the default, <productname>PostgreSQL</>
> + will automatically reinitialize after a backend crash. Leaving this
> + value set to true is normally the best way to maximize the availability
> + of the database. However, in some circumstances, such as when
> + <productname>PostgreSQL</> is being invoked by clusterware, it may be
> + useful to disable this behavior, so that the clusterware can gain
> + control and take any actions it deems appropriate.

We should add something like?:

---------
Even if this value is set to true, a backend crash during hot standby doesn't
reinitialize the database.
---------

> + /* ERROR_HANDING */
> + gettext_noop("Error Handling"),

You seems to have forgotten to reflect Tom's proposal here.

> +# ERROR HANDING

Typo: s/HANDING/HANDLING

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center