Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

From: Nilesh Govindarajan <lists(at)itech7(dot)com>
To: Michal Szymanski <dyrex(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Date: 2010-05-31 15:44:12
Lists: pgsql-general

You should use whatever you are comfortable with.
I would go with ArchLinux for its ease of use and making packages. RPM
and DPKG are much harder to build than ArchLinux's .pkg.tar.xz
Also, if you install some libraries like python clients or some
software depending on PgSql from the repositories in RPM/DPKG based
OS, you will have a tough time with the dependency stuff.
ArchLinux provides a PKGBUILD already from ABS (Arch Build System)
which contains all the dependency satisfiers. It serves two purposes-
depedency satisfaction and self compilation.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr