Re: To Signal The postmaster

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: aaliya zarrin <aaliya(dot)zarrin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: To Signal The postmaster
Date: 2010-12-08 03:47:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM, aaliya zarrin <aaliya(dot)zarrin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Is this provision already there in the code?
> There ate already SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 are handled in the postmaster? is it
> for the same?

SIGUSR1 is already used. SIGUSR2 is actually unused, but reserved for children
according to the source code comment.

Though I've been thinking about this topic, a good idea doesn't occur to me yet.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-09/msg00929.php

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center