Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch
Date: 2010-08-07 03:49:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> "David E. Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> writes:
>> On Aug 6, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>> so there is only small step to proposed feature
>>> SELECT foo(this := 'that', "1" := 4)
>
>> Sorry, not following you here

I would to difference a key and value in notation.

> Pavel doesn't understand "no" ;-)

you are don't writing a stored procedures like me - so maybe you are
doesn't understand a my motivation. :). I have to try it. You are
rejected almost of all my proposals - named parameters, variadic
functions, enhancing of RAISE STATEMENT - and now its in core. But it
was a battle :). Try to write a XML-RPC support for PostgreSQL, and
try to thinking on programmer comfort, please. I am sure so our
support for stored procedures or external procedures are not complete
- it is limited by BISON possibilities, and because BISON isn't
extensible parser, I am searching other ways. If I can enhance a
syntax from external module, I don't talk.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel