Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook
Date: 2010-06-14 11:54:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/6/14 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
> I attached three patches for the effort.
> Each patch tries to tackle one theme, so it is not unreasonable.
>
> But the ESP security hook patch (quite tiny) depends on the DML permission
> refactoring patch (relatively larger). So, Robert suggested me to reconsider
> the dependency of these patches.
>
> The attached patch shall be applied on the head of the git repository.
> It just adds a security hook on ExecCheckRTPerms() as Robert suggested
> at first.
> Of course, it does not allow to acquire the control on COPY TO/FROM and
> RI_Initial_Check(). It will be refactored in the following patches.

This is essentially the same patch that I wrote and posted several
weeks ago, with changes to the comments and renaming of the
identifiers. Are you trying to represent it as your own work?

With all due respect, I intend to imply my own version. Please make
your other proposed patches apply on top of that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company