update one table from multiple tables postgres

From: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: update one table from multiple tables postgres
Date: 2010-11-05 16:47:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All -

I need to update one table with the data from multiple
tables.

1. I have created a trigger on a table table
2. Create a view with all the logic
3. created a trigger funtion.
with in the function, I have tried to populate the table, but I am not able
to get hold of the data from the other tables where there is no trigger on
those tables.

Can you please help giving me suggestion on how to implement it

Kind Regards