Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Michael Paquier *EXTERN*" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ronan Dunklau <ronan(dot)dunklau(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement
Date: 2014-07-01 06:59:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier wrote:
> After sleeping on it, I have put my hands on the postgres_fdw portion and came up with a largely
> simplified flow, resulting in the patch attached.

[...]

> Ronan, what do you think of those patches? I have nothing more to add, and I think that they should be
> looked by a committer. Particularly the FDW API that is perhaps not the best fit, but let's see some
> extra opinions about that.

I looked the the API and ist documentation, and while I saw no problem with the API,
I think that the documentation still needs some attention:

It mentions a "local_schema", which doesn't exist (any more?).
It should be mentioned that the CreateForeignTableStmt's
base.relation->schemaname should be set to NULL.
Also, it would be nice to find a few words for "options",
maybe explaining a potential application.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe