Clear Channel Senior DBA Opening - Burbank, CA

From: "Mkrtychev, Dmitriy" <DmitriyMkrtychev(at)clearchannel(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Clear Channel Senior DBA Opening - Burbank, CA
Date: 2012-09-20 12:45:43
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hi my name is Dmitriy Mkrtychev and I am a Recruitment Partner of Clear Channel Media and Entertainment in Los Angeles, CA. I was referred to your user group by my colleague Tom Kincaid from EnterpriseDB. I am currently looking for an individual to add to our growing team in our Burbank office who has experience administering PostgreSQL databases. More information about the position can be seen below:

TITLE: Senior Database Administrator (MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
DIVISION: Digital
DEPARTMENT: Database Operations
TERMS: Salaried Employee with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Vacation)
HOURS: Full Time

The DBA will be working in a high volume transactional environment supporting web and mobile applications. This role will be responsible for managing multiple MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL database servers which provide content to 1000+ public facing websites. The candidate will be tasked with server upgrades, performance monitoring/tuning, testing and change deployment. Must be comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment where changing business requirements demand support from the underlying technology. The ability to think quickly and solve complex technical problems is essential to this role.

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Provide administration support for high volume transactional and analytical database servers
* Manage database installations and upgrades
* Data modeling (logical and physical), optimization of legacy data models and stored routine development
* Manage database objects including tables, relationships, stored routines, triggers and users/roles
* Query optimization including tuning legacy application code and analyzing underperforming query reports
* Test database components by providing quality assurance, benchmarking, validation, monitoring
* Must be available to provide after hours support within an on-call rotation
* Provide database support in person, over the phone, or via email as necessary
* Assist development team with recommendations on best practices
* Manage database security and implement audit requirements
* Database server performance tuning

REQUIRED SKILLS:

* Ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team
* Exceptional oral/written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills to drive results in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and deliver under deadline
* Strong understanding of relational databases
* Understanding of MySQL internals including storage engine architecture (MyISAM, InnoDB, archive), partitioning, indexing, referential integrity, networking and caching
* Understanding of MySQL database replication internal processes including binary/relay logging, replication threads, row/statement based replication, master/slave topologies
* Experience with Slony and PostgreSQL streaming replication
* Familiar with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
* Familiar with high availability and scalability concepts such as clustering and load balancing
* Understanding of various disaster scenarios, backup/disaster recovery techniques/topics including logical/physical backups, point-in-time recovery, data corruption
* Experience with Linux operating systems (CentOS, RHEL), Bash shell scripting, installing/upgrading software, security, understanding of Linux file system architecture
* Familiar with database transactions and concepts: table/row locking, semaphores, mutual exclusion, ACID, disk I/O
* General knowledge of hardware components and connectivity including disk, CPU, networking, memory, switches, etc
* Significant life-cycle database administration support including database design, database development, testing, deployment, and maintenance

EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:

* 5+ years IT industry experience
* 3+ years database administration experience
* College degree or equivalent experience

PLUSES:

* Experience with object oriented programming, PHP 5, JavaScript, or Java
* Knowledge of dimensional modeling, warehousing/OLAP environments and database sharding techniques
* Conceptual understanding of shared storage, Logical Volume Management (LVM), virtualization and distributed caching
* Oracle administration experience
* MS SQL experience
If you or someone you know is interested, please send resumes to dmitriymkrtychev(at)clearchannel(dot)com<mailto:dmitriymkrtychev(at)clearchannel(dot)com> or contact me directly at 717-961-5102, thanks!

Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.

I would really appreciate it if you could advertise this job post to the members of your group. Thanks for your help and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Dmitriy Mkrtychev | Recruitment Partner

Clear Channel Media and Entertainment

717-961-5102<tel:717-961-5102> | http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitriymkrtychev