Re: Synchronous replication - patch status inquiry

From: "Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronous replication - patch status inquiry
Date: 2010-09-15 23:12:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, September 15, 2010 11:58, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:38 AM, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:
>> Now that the latch patch is in, when do you think you'll be able to use it
>> instead of the poll loop?
>
> Here is the updated version, which uses a latch in communication from
> walsender to backend. I've not changed the others. Because walsender
> already uses it in HEAD, and Heikki already proposed the patch which
> replaced the poll loop between walreceiver and startup process with
> a latch.

( synchrep_0915-2.patch; patch applies cleanly;
compile, check and install are without problem)

How does one enable synchronous replication with this patch?
With previous versions I could do (in standby's recovery.conf):

replication_mode = 'recv'

but not anymore, apparently.

(sorry, I have probably overlooked part of the discussion;
-hackers is getting too high-volume for me... )

thanks,

Erik Rijkers