Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable probes to work with Mac OS X Leopard and other OSes that

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable probes to work with Mac OS X Leopard and other OSes that
Date: 2008-03-18 09:43:42
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> > Do we need some support in the buildfarm to create the header file?
>
> The Windows/MSVC build system needs some adjustments. I have no idea how it
> works, but I'd be glad to explain the details to someone who does.

I was actually thinking of the OS X buildfarm member I setup to
exercise this. From your description it sounded like we need to
generate the probe header manually if we enable dtrace.

I'm sure Magnus would love to hear the details for the MSVC perl scipts :-p

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com