better editing in the data view

From: Antoine <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: better editing in the data view
Date: 2006-01-08 16:00:58
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
I know you probably get this sort of comment all the time... but I'm going
to make it anyway :-). I have managed to get postgres firmly on the radar in
our company, and I am pretty sure that all new db projects (that don't
absolutely have to be without a server process...) we do will be postgres
based. That said... all the devs (me included :-)) have got used to a
certain db manager frontend (guess which :-)) which makes it very easy to
copy and paste from one cell to another, and to other apps, and from one row
to another etc. Are there any plans to make data entry a little easier in
the data view? It would be a great deal easier to ween the others of access
if we had more access-like functionality... Of course, it is only for
development, and nothing is stopping us from creating an access file linking
to the db... (which is what we currently do).
At the end of the day pgadmin allows one to administer the db which is
something access never will... but why not have it all ;-).
Cheers
Antoine
--
This is where I should put some witty comment.