Re: Last gasp

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Last gasp
Date: 2012-04-12 16:02:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think the big take-away, education-wise, is that for our project,
> committer == grunt work. Remember, I used to be the big committer of
> non-committer patches --- need I say more. ;-) LOL

Well, promoting several people to committer specifically and publically because of their review work would send that message a lot more strongly than your blog would. It would also provide an incentive for a few of our major contributors to do more review work, if it got them to committer.

--Josh Berkus