Re: Need for help!

From: "Semi Noob" <seminoob(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need for help!
Date: 2008-05-15 10:18:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for your answer!
*"You did not give CPU and disk info. But still 57 seems a small number.
What I guess is you're running pgbench with scale factor 1 (since you
haven't mentioned scale factor) and that causes extreme contention for
smaller tables with large number of clients."*

My CPU is 2CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz. Disk: disk system is RAID-5;
OS CentOS. the number of scale in pgbench initialization is 100. It will be
generate 10 000 000 rows in the accounts table. Fill factor is default.
In the other way, I heard that: PostgreSQL working with RAID-10 better than
RAID-5 is it right?

* "Regarding maximum number of clients, check your "max_connections"
setting."
*
I set max_connections is 200. *
*
57 seems a small number, according to you, how much tps is normal or fast?
and what is the different of "shared_buffers" and "effective_cache_size".

Thank you once more!
Regards,
Semi Noob