Modifying search_path in a stored procedure

From: Eric Brown <eric(dot)brown(at)propel(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-General (E-mail) <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Modifying search_path in a stored procedure
Date: 2005-01-11 21:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general

I know I can SET the schema search_path in a stored procedure, but is
there any way to retrieve it first so that I can get the current value
and manipulate that rather than just replace it?

I've got two sets of data and two sets of functions in 4 respective
schemas. I want to select one set of data and one set of functions. It
is fairly straight forward. However, it would be nice if I want to swap
the schemas with the functions, I don't have to remember what data
schema I was using.

Thanks.

Eric Brown
408-571-6341