Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission

From: Alex <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission
Date: 2012-03-27 22:49:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alex <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:

>> Attached is a patch on top of your v9 with two small fixes:
>>
>> - Don't provide a check target in libpq/Makefile if it's not
>> implemented.
>>
>> - Use the configured port number for running the tests (otherwise it
>> runs against my system installation, for example).
>
> Neat, thank you.

Attached is a gzipped v10, complete with the above fixes and fixes to
bugs found by Heikki. Documentation and code comments are also finally
updated.

Of all the command-line utilities which can accept conninfo string, only
psql mentions that, so only its documentation was updated. Other
utilities, like pg_dump and pg_restore can also work with either
conninfo or URI, however this remains undocumented.

--
Alex

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq-uri-v10.patch.gz application/octet-stream 10.1 KB