Re: Postrgesql and Mysql in the same server Linux (Fedora core 5)

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postrgesql and Mysql in the same server Linux (Fedora core 5)
Date: 2006-09-01 12:20:41
Lists: pgsql-general

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, "Toffy" <paolo(dot)tofoni(at)gmail(dot)com> transmitted:
> Hi,
> as i put Postrgesql and Mysql in the same server Linux (Fedora core 5),
> is it possible that this configuration may cause a strong deceleration
> of all system performace?

If either or both are heavily exercised, then it's quite possible that
you would see system performance worsen.

But if both databases are relatively lightly used, you may not notice
that there are multiple instances running.

We used to have a server hosting both some PostgreSQL databases and a
MySQL database; as they were all only accessed intermittently, we
never had a performance problem.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/internet.html