Re: Patch review

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers list" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch review
Date: 2008-02-13 02:41:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

"Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:

> Gregory Stark wrote:
>> "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:
>>
>> > For the patches lists I need to take sometimes entire threads, sometimes
>> > groups of comments, and store them in a format so people can review them
>> > as a digest.
>>
>> Why do you need to do any such thing? What does any of that have to do with a
>> patches queue?
>
> TODO items and patches are often in the middle of threads.

No, messages which propose the items and patches are in the middle of the
thread. What we need is a list of the actual items. We already have an archive
of the messages.

Looking at your held queue, how many patches are in there? Who are the
authors? Which ones are waiting for feedback before they can continue?

>> The critical information we need are: What's the most recent version of the
>> patch? what is it blocking on? and who is it blocking on?
>
> The discussion was mostly related to the 8.3 patches_hold queue where
> people wanted help processing it.

Yes, the information I listed is the what we need to do that.

--
Gregory Stark