PostgreSQL/SQL DBA Developer position with Autodesk- USA/Canada

From: "Rebecca Bailey (Contractor)" <rebecca(dot)bailey(at)autodesk(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL/SQL DBA Developer position with Autodesk- USA/Canada
Date: 2012-09-07 22:41:19
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Company: Autodesk http://usa.autodesk.com/
Title: PostgreSQL/SQL DBA Developer
Location: Toronto, ON Canada or Novi, MI USA

We're currently looking to hire PostgreSQL/SQL DBA to help us move the processes of our design customers to the cloud. This DBA will provide SQL Server administration and development in a multi-tenant web based system as part of Autodesk's Cloud solutions offering. You will be expected to take on full ownership of all SQL Server activities. You will maintain and administer large multi-tenant deployments and provide operational and development support.

We are currently migrating from a SQL server database to PostGres and we are in the process of changing the application code to use PostGres. There are many challenges in this migration and the team is looking for an expert with PostGres that can join their team and help in this effort. Eventually we will be migrating all existing customers and their entire data from SQL server to PostGres.

Requirements:

* 7+ Years administering Microsoft SQL Server including 2+ years with SQL Server 2008
* Advanced understanding of T-SQL, database administration and design and performance tuning
* Advanced knowledge of high-availability solutions including clustering and mirroring
* Experience working with deployments on VMware or other virtualization technologies including the Amazon Cloud
* Experience with SSIS a
* Excellent understanding of stored procedures, UDFs, triggers, query hints, indexes, views, etc...
* Experience working with Red-Gate tools including SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare and SQL Multi-script
* MUST have PostGre SQL experience; database migration experience a huge plus
* Solid understanding of backup strategies
* Excellent understanding of web-based data-driven applications
* Experience working in Java/J2EE application environment is a major asset
* Experience working with Tomcat is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Degree in Computer Science preferred

This is a full time position with our organization and we offer a very competitive salary, great benefits, bonus structure, and an awesome work environment. And we would help out with relocation as well!

Simply apply online at Autodesk Careers, reference job # 12WD10052-PostGreSQL/SQL Server or forward a resume to me directly at rebecca(dot)bailey(at)autodesk(dot)com<mailto:rebecca(dot)bailey(at)autodesk(dot)com> for consideration. You can also call me directly at 703-994-4946

Thank you.

Cheers,
Becca

Rebecca Bailey