Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight

From: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight
Date: 2007-08-04 14:18:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

* Greg Smith:

> With much appreciated contributions from others including Chris Browne
> in particular, I've now finished up the original scope of what I
> wanted to cover on this topic:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Why_PostgreSQL_instead_of_MySQL

I think for fairness, you should mention that PostgreSQL's MVCC
locking does not properly implement the SERIALIZABLE semantics. For
some table types (InnoDB, IIRC), MySQL implements phantom key logging,
so it gets more cases right.

--
Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
BFK edv-consulting GmbH http://www.bfk.de/