Re: Warm standby system - FATAL: the database system is starting up

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Warm standby system - FATAL: the database system is starting up
Date: 2007-12-21 21:55:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi chaps,

Indeed you were correct!

I enabled the good stuff in the log and sure enough one of the old
testbed machines which is running postgres and slony was trying to
connect!

However I'd never even referenced the new machine on the old testbed
so how on earth could it have been trying to connect?

Also (maybe I'm a bit slow or something" should the WAL backup
machine be showing "postgres: startup process"?

Thanks
Glyn