Re: Fixing the loss of 'template1'

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: martin(at)gregorie(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fixing the loss of 'template1'
Date: 2012-03-07 15:50:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Martin Gregorie <martin(at)gregorie(dot)org> writes:
> I've just logged in under postgres and run '\l' - and the databases
> postgres, template0 and template1 are still there:

Oh, time for a new theory then. What's the *exact* error message you
were getting from pg_dump? Do you get the same from a manual attempt to
connect to template1?

> So, is this a privilege issue? I don't understand the content of that
> somewhat cryptic 'privilege' column. Is it set how you'd expect?

It looks reasonable offhand. I'm a bit surprised that the public entry
isn't first for template1, but I think that shouldn't make any
difference.