Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight

From: "Shashank Tripathi" <shashank(dot)tripathi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight
Date: 2007-08-03 20:29:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 04/08/07, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com> wrote:
> With much appreciated contributions from others including Chris Browne in
> particular, I've now finished up the original scope of what I wanted to
> cover on this topic:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Why_PostgreSQL_instead_of_MySQL
>
> I tried to keep the text punchy by hitting the important points and
> leaning heavily on references in lieu of trying to include all the details
> in the document.

A relatively big plus for MySQL in serious environments is replication
and the whole MySQL Cluster bit. There are some promising tools such
as pgpool-II - http://snipr.com/1p518 - but it would be useful to see
something similar come bundled with PostgreSQL that I could install as
an option. Unless I am missing something..

Shanx