Re: data volume resizing and large objects

From: "beer(at)cmu(dot)edu" <beer(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data volume resizing and large objects
Date: 2008-01-04 21:12:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom

You hit the nail on the head actually! Further delving into the issue
revealed that but I hadnt had a chance to post.

We recently used copy to put some lobs back into the database, about 70k of
them. All of these lobs were assigned sequential oids incremented by 1. We
then wrapped around and ended up in that block of oids again.

The irony of all of this is we have been trying to migrate to 8.1 for months
now but have not been able to do so due to infrastructure issues beyond our
control.

Is there anyway to force 8.0 to start at a specific value? That would at
least get us back up and running.

Thanks

-bill