Re: [HACKERS] CREATE TABLE ... PRIMARY KEY kills backend

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CREATE TABLE ... PRIMARY KEY kills backend
Date: 2000-01-12 00:09:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> Using the cvs version updated this morning, this query kills the backend,
> with no explanation in the log (-d 3):
>
> create table junk (id char(4) primary key, name text not null)

Works for me:

regression=# create table junk (id char(4) primary key, name text not null);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'junk_pkey' for table 'junk'
CREATE

Are you sure you have a complete update of the INDEX_MAX_KEYS changes?
I committed the last of them about 1am EST (6am GMT) this morning, and
it was a change to config.h.in ---- you would need to do a *full*
configure, build, initdb cycle to be sure you have working code.

If that doesn't do it for you, there may be a platform-dependent bug
still lurking; can you provide a debugger backtrace of the crashed
backend?

I'd also suggest running the regress tests ... they pass here, with
the exception of the 'array' test ...