Re: Lifecycle of PostgreSQL releases

From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris(at)familiedobbelsteen(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lifecycle of PostgreSQL releases
Date: 2007-03-21 23:46:04
Lists: pgsql-general

[snip]
>Software *always* has bugs.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Software Engineer: "My salary payments didn't get through this month, I
still haven't received any of you".
Accountant (former Software Engineer): "Sorry, our systems indicate that
your payment tripped a fatal bug in our payout software. That can
happen, you know, software has bugs after all. It's not problem, its
only a minor one. Well, we'll try again next month, maybe that works."

Could people for once treat bugs as unacceptable instead an accepted
thing?
(Especially people writing software for validating the software we are
writing is correct.)

As I said, I couldn't resist. Sorry...

- Joris

[snip]