Re: Bad Value for Data Type Timestamp

From: "Jonathan Vallar" <jonathan(dot)vallar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad Value for Data Type Timestamp
Date: 2006-02-28 10:55:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi!

The Postgres JDBC driver is being used by IBM Websphere to get data from the
postgres database. The websphere product also gets timestamp data from MS
Sql Server.

What does the error mean?

Retrieve Operation failed on the BusinessObject Bad value for type timestamp
: [C ( at ) 56c55d28 Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Expected
time to be colon-separated, got ' Stack Trace:
java.lang.NumberFormatException : Expected time to be colon-separated, got
' at org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils.loadCalendar(TimestampUtils.java:151)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils.toTimestamp(TimestampUtils.java:307)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getTimestamp (
AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:419) at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getTimestamp(
AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2088) at
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doContainerRetrieve(
JDBCBOhandler.java:3697) at
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doRecursiveRetrieve(
JDBCBOhandler.java:3316) at
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doRetrieve(JDBCBOhandler.java:3265)
at com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doVerbFor (
JDBCBOhandler.java:1346) at
com.crossworlds.cwconnectorapi.CWConnectorBOHandler.doVerbFor(
CWConnectorBOHandler.java:127) at CxCommon.BusinessObject.doVerbFor(
BusinessObject.java:2128) at
com.crossworlds.cwconnectorapi.CWConnectorBusObj.doVerbFor (
CWConnectorBusObj.java:126) at
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCConnectorAgent.pollForEvents(
JDBCConnectorAgent.java:1137) at
AppSide_Connector.BusObjJavaInterface.poll(BusObjJavaInterface.java:355)
at AppSide_Connector.AppCalls.poll( AppCalls.java:191) at
AppSide_Connector.AgentBusinessObjectManager.poll(
AgentBusinessObjectManager.java:719) at AppSide_Connector.AppPolling.poll(
AppPolling.java:294) at
AppSide_Connector.AppPolling.doPollingContinuousWait( AppPolling.java:556)
at AppSide_Connector.AppPolling.run(AppPolling.java:121) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:513) End of Stack Trace SQLException
{2}]