Kerberos patch in the queue

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Kerberos patch in the queue
Date: 2005-04-15 15:30:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

I'd like to vote in favor of this patch:
http://candle.pha.pa.us/mhonarc/patches2/msg00025.html.

I know Tom said he didn't really like it, but I'd ask you to reconsider
that.

My use would be mainly for my integrate-with-active-directory project.
AD requires uppercase principal names, which maens POSTGRES instead of
postgres. If I could change this at runtime, that would certainly make
my life a *lot* easier. I'm sure it helps in several other cases as
well.

(I haven't looked at the actual patch, just at the end result of it)

//Magnus