Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: "Markus Bertheau" <mbertheau(dot)pg(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Mark Mielke" <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-08 09:19:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2008/2/8, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>:
> Gregory Stark wrote:
> > git or its ilk would impact the lives of submitters and reviewers most.
> > Basically it would allow two non-committers to collaborate, something
which we
> > can't really do effectively now.
>
> Two git-using non-committers can do that already, regardless of the
> master repository.

Maybe the existing SVN, git and other mirrors could just become more
official and supported in the sense that users can rely on them to be
updated often enough? At the moment what is there are some links on
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Working_with_CVS#Other_versions_of_the_PostgreSQL_Repositoryand
no indication of how reliable these repositories are. I suppos that a
lot of reason for discussion would disappear if these repositories were made
official and supported.

Markus