Re: 7.4beta1 build problem on unixware

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be>, ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr, pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4beta1 build problem on unixware
Date: 2003-08-14 19:15:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org> writes:
>> and it BREAKS on UnixWare. I can connect on unix domain sockets, but NOT
>> on an IP socket.
>>
>> I'm futzing with #undef'ing HAVE_GETADDRINFO for a test.

> Ok, with using OUR src/port/getaddrinfo.c (by #undef'ing HAVE_GETADDRINFO
> and
> adding getaddrinfo.o to Makefile.global's LIBOBJS, it works again.

I thought we might be a bit optimistic in assuming we could #define all
those macros as whatever we wanted ...

It seems getaddrinfo() exists but has no AI_NUMERICHOST flag bit on
Larry's machine ... and it actively rejects unrecognized ai_flags
settings. The AI_NUMERICHOST flag bit seems to be inessential, so
I've just #define'd it as zero if we are using the system getaddrinfo
and we can't find a definition in <netdb.h>.