Re: Getting database data from the PostgreSQL file system

From: Serge Fonville <serge(dot)fonville(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ewgenij Sokolovski <ewgenijkkg(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting database data from the PostgreSQL file system
Date: 2009-08-14 15:41:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

> Hello, Guys! Is that kind of thing possible at all? We have a problem that
> our database is corrupted, and we are not able to get any table data by
> executing SQL requests/running the PG_Admin tool. So, we thought, maybe it
> is possible to retrieve data by accessing the data storage directly. The
> data folder of PostgreSQL is there, so, theoretically, we should be able to
> retrieve all we need, shouldn't we?:)

What errors exactly did you get, what commands did you do, how did you
dermine the issue, have you googled.
I suspect you want to read the raw data of some sort without needing the
information to interpret that data?
After googling for restore corrupted postgresql, I found
http://cobaltfaqs.com/index.php/Rebuilding_corrupt_PostgreSQL_database,
which may be relevant.

Perhaps you need to specify the exact error you get...

HTH.

Regards,

Serge Fonville