Re: V0.1 patch for TODO Item: SQL-language reference parameters by name.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: V0.1 patch for TODO Item: SQL-language reference parameters by name.
Date: 2007-11-02 16:06:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

"Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
> I am sending this patch to check if I am on the right track.
> So please take a look at this if possible.

You seem not to have understood my recommendation to use a callback
function. This patch might work nicely for SQL functions but there
will be no good way to use it for plpgsql, or probably any other
PL function language. If we're going to change the parser API
then I'd like to have a more general solution.