Re: plpgsql - cont'd

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql - cont'd
Date: 2001-01-23 17:01:21
Lists: pgsql-general

"Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net> writes:
> Hmm, this is the third time this has happened.. I am using 7.1 Bert 3, so I
> expected some things like this... When deleting and adding functions back,
> when I run them I get :

> ERROR: plpgsql: cache lookup for proc 49237 failed

> -- What's happening there and is there anyway to fix this without having to
> dump/restore (which is what I've had to do thus far.. ) ?

dump/restore is the hard way. If you delete and recreate a function,
the new incarnation has a new OID, so anything that referred to the old
OID is now broken, and has to be deleted/recreated itself. Triggers
are one such reference. Cached query plans are another, although I
don't think that's the issue here. How are you invoking the functions,
anyway?