ask the database engine tuning on the server

From: Didik Prasetyo <prasetyodidik62(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ask the database engine tuning on the server
Date: 2011-05-05 01:18:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

I had a problem with performance engine database, I use the server with the
following specifications

1. its storage configuration?
Storage SCSI 15K RAID 5
2. how his network?
2 gigabit bonding.
3. type / behavior of applications that connect to the db?
Direct connects one segment.
4. use the machine?
DB only
5. its os? * nix or windows?
Linux
6. how large the existing data? growth?
growth 100M / day

I had a problem with memory is always exhausted, causing
database stack or very slowly, I wanted to ask how to do the tuning
postgresql.conf settings for the above case, or whether there is another
solution

thanks for regard