Re: Multi-threaded servlet environment

From: "Marcus Andree S(dot) Magalhaes" <marcus(dot)magalhaes(at)vlinfo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multi-threaded servlet environment
Date: 2003-12-30 06:59:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

We were about to lose a support agreement with BAE/Weblogic people
simply because we were creating threads on our own. No reasons
were given to us, but they (BES) simply don't *recommend* the
arbitrary creation of threads.

I suspect it's this way because people can easily create lots of
leaks, excessive CPU usage or something like that and then blame
the application server for its ridiculous performance.